At Vertas we strive to support local communities and respect our environment.
Vertas strives to give something back to the communities in which it operates, be a good corporate citizen and respect the environment. We have a dedicated team focusing on all things ESG.
Here are some examples of how we have been making a difference in 2021…
- Removed all plastic cutlery from our primary schools and replaced with wooden cutlery (saving almost 1 million pieces of single use plastic!)
- Taken part in litter picks in the local area
- Sponsored the Women’s Cycle Tour stage in Suffolk (9th October 2021)
- Held our fourth annual Charity Golf Day on 30th September 2021 and raised £1,500 for Cancer Research UK
- Signed the Armed Forces Covenant (bronze award in 2021)
- Set up a Food Bank at two of our Ipswich offices for FIND
- Set up a Donation Station in Beacon House for Cancer Research UK, where people can donated unwanted clothes, toys, household items and books which will be delivered to local charity shops and sold to raise money
- Took part in Cancer Research UK’s Race for Life 5k Pretty Muddy on the 11th September and raised £1,035
- Raised £1,004 for Cancer Research UK with a virtual London Marathon on the 3rd October
- Sponsored an award at Suffolk, Creating the Greenest County Awards 2021
We are continuously generating new ideas of ways we can contribute further to the communities we work in and pledge to do the following.
Our People: To respect our people and encourage development at all stages of their career. To actively recruit apprentices and provide life-long learning opportunities for our people. We will value, support, and manage our people, consider their wellbeing and foster a culture that enables everyone to work within an open, safe and inclusive environment.
Our Places: We will support local charities and commit to honour the Armed Forces Covenant and support the Armed Forces Community. We will encourage and support our people to volunteer in their communities. To raise awareness of sustainability issues and to communicate environmental achievements to all stakeholders, both internal and external.
Our Partners: To positively influence the sustainability performance and credentials of our suppliers in respect of goods and services. To support and work with partners who share our social values. Work with key suppliers to encourage sustainability improvements throughout the whole supply chain.
Our Planet: To minimise and actively manage waste through elimination, reduction, re-use and recycling. To actively promote and encourage the use of sustainable modes of transport. Achieve Net Zero Carbon 2030.
“The enthusiasm and creativity shown by the Vertas team in organising and delivering fun and hugely successful fundraising activities is extremely impressive and shows no sign of slowing down. Cancer Research UK receives no Government funding so our life-saving work is entirely dependent on individual and corporate supporters.”
Gill Burgess, Cancer Research UK