- Posted: 07/02/2020
- Closing Date: 28/02/2020
Main Purpose of the Job and Key Activities: Reporting to and assisting the HSQEC&G Manager, the post holder will:
Senior Advisor Key Tasks;
- Undertake the day to day line management of a team of HSQEC&G Advisors.
- Ensuring that the operational elements of the HSQEC&G team are managed and completed in accordance with Vertas Group policy and procedures.
- Support the HSQEC&G Managers in maintaining the Vertas Group ISO Standards and current accreditations.
- Support the HSQEC&G Managers in their roles with maintaining team development (ensuring they maintain their CPD / TECH IOSH level as a minimum);
- Oversee and Implementation of the Vertas Group Risk Profile.
- To take ownership of key incidents and escalate any significant issues to Head of HSQEC&G / HSQEC&G Managers.
- Work in partnership with the HSQEC&G Quality and Compliance Manager with planning auditing/monitoring activities.
- Deliver and support the development of Health and Safety (compliance) related training courses (internally and externally).
- Assist in the development and review of Occupational Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental systems and policies in relation to Vertas operations its partners and clients.
- Audit the Health and Safety systems and procedures in place across the Vertas Group and ensuring compliance with relevant legislative requirements and local policies/procedures (Premises Compliance Assessments, Contractor Inspections and Spot Checks, Fire Risk Assessments, Food Safety Audits etc.).
- Provide effective Health and Safety advice and guidance to Vertas managers and employees where required.
- To assist with key projects as requested by the Head of HSQEC&G and the HSQEC&G Manager.
- Undertake and contribute to incident investigations and develop recommendation for improvements in line with organisational policy and legislative requirements.
- To assist with the development of risk assessments; conducting research and investigations to identify safe systems of work; to ensure continued improvement of the Health and Safety management system.
- Support the development of positive behavioural safety culture across the Vertas Group.
- Assist in the development and promotion of Health and Safety guidance and campaigns.
- Support the growth of the business with the ability to travel to national locations to undertake audits and inspections (where required).
- Head of HSQEC&G.
- HSQEC&G Manager.
- HSQEC&G Quality and Compliance Manager.
- Service Line Managers.
- Health and Safety Advisors in client departments/customer sites.
- Health and Safety bodies – HSE, IOSH, ROSPA, etc.
- Certification Services.
- External Auditors.
- Internal Auditors.
- Vertas Employees.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Ability to successfully lead a team and undertake line management responsibilities.
- Experience within Catering (Food Safety), Cleaning, Contractor Management and Facilities Management.
- Experience of implementing and monitoring a Health and Safety management systems. and being able to identify strengths and weakness through gap analysis and KPI’s.
- Working with senior managers, contractors and other key personnel.
- Knowledge and experience of using quality management systems and auditing.
- Undertaking face to face Health and Safety training.
- Excellent communication skills (in all areas).
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to deliver and write accurate reports (incident investigation, audits etc.).
- The ability to work with initiative and self-motivation, with exceptional time management skills.
- Excellent people skills with the ability to work both closely as a team and independently on individual tasks.
- NEBOSH Diploma/Level 6 (desirable).
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety.
- Technical Member of IOSH (Institute of Occupational Safety and Health), with the view to gain Grad IOSH Membership (desirable).
- Leadership and Management Qualification e.g. ILM 5 (desirable).
- Education and Training Level Three or equivalent (desirable).
- NEBOSH Fire Certificate (desirable).
- Food Safety Training Level Three (desirable).
- ISO Lead Auditor (desirable).
- Colleague loyalty discount scheme with LifeWorks Perks.
- 25 days Annual Leave plus bank holidays.
- Opportunities for future development and progression.
- NEST Pension Scheme.
- Salary: This is negotiable depending on qualifications and experience.
Apply for this position
Vertas is one of the fastest growing multi-services facilities management companies in the UK. Our passion is driven by putting our colleagues and customers at the heart of everything we do.