- Posted: 22/03/2021
- Salary: £25,000-£30,000
Main Purpose of the Job:
Reporting to the Financial Analysis and Reporting Manager, the role holder’s main purpose is to:-
- Prepare, develop & analyse current financial information (and non-financial data) with the objective of allowing informed decision making by the Group’s management and other internal decision makers.
- This can be to help management make decisions in the present or using budgeting and forecasting to support project / contract assessment and long-term strategy aimed at securing stability, growth and profitability.
- Financial Analysis & Reporting Manager.
- Service Heads and Contract Managers.
- Finance Colleagues.
Main Activities and Responsibilities:
The primary responsibilities / duties of this role are:-
- Preparation of management accounts (monthly), including accrual calculations and accounting adjustments, in accordance with relevant financial reporting standards & company policies.
- Providing variance analysis and commentary to all reports produced.
- Reconciliation of balance sheets (monthly) & their review, highlighting any risk.
- Development of budgets, in partnership with service heads (annually or as / when required).
- Development of forecasts, in partnership with service heads (as / when required).
- Effectively communicating financial data to non-financial managers.
- Providing high quality financial support to service heads in an accurate & timely manner.
- Sharing meaningful insights from large amounts of data and advising on the financial implications of any past or proposed business decisions.
- Assisting in interim and year-end audit preparation by developing required schedules & reconciliation reports and providing any other required documents.
- Supporting year-end accounting.
- Supporting finance colleagues (as / when required).
- Salary up to £30,000.00 per annum dependent upon experience.
- Generous Holiday Allowance plus bank holidays.
- Pension Scheme.
Online wellbeing support for all colleagues and their household including:
- Virtual GP Appointments.
- Second Medical Opinion.
- Help to stop smoking.
- Mental Health Counselling.
- How to prevent burnout at work.
- Life Events Counselling.
- Healthy Living Support including personal exercise and diet plan.
- Financial Guidance on budgeting and financial education.
- Legal guidance to simplify and signpost on legal issues or concerns.
In addition we also offer the following to all colleagues:
- LifeWorks Discount Scheme.
- Personal Development Opportunities.
- Mental Health First Aiders.
- Annual Colleague Awards.
Apply for this position
Vertas is one of the fastest growing multi-services facilities management companies in the UK. Our passion is driven by putting our colleagues and customers at the heart of everything we do.