- Posted: 11/02/2020
- Closing Date: 28/02/2020
- Salary: £20,000
HR Assistant to join our busy centralised service HR Team at our Head Office in Ipswich. This is a key role providing full administration support to HR and Recruitment.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who has a passion for HR and is looking for a role that will provide a breadth of HR and Recruitment experience. We are also offering CIPD funding once successfully completed your probationary period.
Main responsibilities for the HR Assistant:
- Responsible for ensuring that managers are adhering to the robust recruitment and new starter process
- Take full accountability for the New Starter on-boarding process, including generating contracts of employment, adding new starters to the HR & Payroll System, requesting references and scanning all new starter document for the electronic Personal File.
- Be accountable for the legal onboarding process for new starters, including processing DBS applications in line with DBS Regulations and code of conduct and collating right to work documents in line with the Immigration at Work Act.
- Management of the group HR and careers inbox and responding to general HR and recruitment queries.
- Respond to Self Service system (My View) queries, including annual leave, reporting line changes, etc.
- Respond to requests for employment references of existing and/or ex-employees in a timely manner.
- Manage Personal Data, such as leaver personal files, in accordance with General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and internal process.
- To undertake other duties and responsibilities as required
The HR Assistant will have:
- Highly organised and ability to prioritise workload.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be computer literate and proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to manage a range of tasks effectively and within agreed standards and deadlines and have flexibility towards working hours
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Colleague loyalty discount scheme with LifeWorks Perks.
- 23 days Annual Leave plus bank holidays.
- £20,000 per annum.
Apply for this position
Vertas is one of the fastest growing multi-services facilities management companies in the UK. Our passion is driven by putting our colleagues and customers at the heart of everything we do.