- Posted: 11/01/2021
- Closing Date: 31/01/2021
- Salary: £28,000
Main Activities and Responsibilities:
- To support, advise, coach and deliver a range of HR casework including disciplinary, performance, TUPE, reorganisation, redundancy and absence management up to and including dismissal and appeals.
- To manage the safeguarding investigation process and attend Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO) strategy meetings where required.
- To provide advice to managers and colleagues regarding policies and processes according to multiple terms and conditions across the group.
- To coach line managers based across the UK on employee relation matters, liaising with trade unions when required.
- To proactively manage absence cases with line managers to drive a reduction in absence percentage.
- To provide procedural and policy advice and information to all colleagues and line managers.
- To attend formal meetings where necessary and provide any necessary letters and documentation as required.
- To provide HR updates, insights and data for monthly Operational Managers meetings.
- To identify training needs and to deliver HR Training sessions to line managers on HR casework as per the HR Training plan.
- To continuously review and amend HR policies and procedures in line with legislative change, best practice and company changes.
- To manage the HR systems, ensuring they are up to date with company changes and to produce statistics from the information available.
The HR Advisor will have:
- Experience of dealing with a wide range of HR casework at this level.
- Experience using HR systems as well as Microsoft Office.
- Up to date knowledge and understanding of employment legislation and best practice in HR.
- Ability to understand and interpret policies, procedures and relevant legislation.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a range of internal and external people at different levels.
- Ability to deal effectively with queries from external and internal sources at different levels.
- Excellent written and verbal skills, along with having a sensitive and professional manner.
- Highly organised and the ability to prioritise workload.
- CIPD qualified to level 5 or above.
- Competitive Salary.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Company pension scheme.
- Staff high street discount shopping scheme through LifeWorks.
Closing Date: 31st January 2021
Apply for this position
Vertas is one of the fastest growing multi-services facilities management companies in the UK. Our passion is driven by putting our colleagues and customers at the heart of everything we do.