- Posted: 11/02/2022
- Salary: £10.35 per hour
Vertas is one of the fastest growing multi-service facilities management companies in the UK. Our passion is putting our staff and customers at the heart of everything we do.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Groundsman to join our Team. If you have a passion for delivering excellent customer service and want to make the difference then apply for this role today.
Main responsibilities for the Groundsman:
- Supervisory role (for example, allocation of duties, work rotas)
- General maintenance of sites (for example, grass cutting, hedge trimming, clearing leaves, hoeing, pruning, strimming, planting, weed control using chemicals, seeding, etc)
- Setting out and overmarking of sports pitches and upkeep of artificial/synthetic surfaces
- Use of the usual range of tools and equipment and the use of powered hand tools and ride-on mowers
- Oversight of the correct usage and maintenance of equipment and vehicle
- Interpretation of plans, site preparation, soft and hard landscaping
The Groundsman will have:
- Highly motivated
- Experience of commercial or amenity horticulture
- Good communication and liaison skills
- Clean current driving licence
- Possession of PA1 and PA6 Pesticide Application Certificates
- Knowledge of fine turf surfaces
- Understanding of the technical aspects of grounds maintenance, ie, specifications and health and safety requirements
- Good plant knowledge
- Horticultural qualification
- Experience of towing a trailer
- Experience in Grounds Maintenance
Groundsman – Vertas Group Limited
Capel St Mary, Suffolk
Full Time annualised, 52 weeks per year
- £10.35 per hour
- Minimum of 20 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Shopping discount scheme with LifeWorks
- And much, much more!
If you are seeking a new opportunity and want to join an innovative and exciting company please click on the apply button below to make the difference today.
Apply for this position
Vertas is one of the fastest growing multi-services facilities management companies in the UK. Our passion is driven by putting our colleagues and customers at the heart of everything we do.