- Posted: 28/02/2022
- Salary: Dependant on skills and experience
Main Purpose of the Job:
- To provide clerking and governance support to governing boards.
- Prepare agendas for governing board meetings.
- Ensure agendas and minutes are circulated within specified timescales.
- Attend and take accurate minutes at governing board meetings.
- Record the attendance of governors / trustees at meetings.
- Keep membership records and advise on expiry of terms of office.
- Advise on procedures for appointing / electing governors/ trustees.
- Be the first point of contact for governors/ trustees in your allocated schools/ academies.
- Advise on procedural and legislative matters during and between meetings.
- Advise on best practice in governance.
- Signpost governors / trustees to further advice and support where necessary.
- Ensure the efficient and compliant operation of the boards you are working with.
- Advise on governor / trustee training opportunities.
- Participate in training and briefings.
- Keep up to date with current educational developments and legislation affecting school governance.
- You will be supported by a central administration team and be provided with regular training, briefings and updates.
- Experience of working in an educational environment would be desirable.
- Deadlines met.
- Positive feedback from colleagues and customers.
- Productivity targets met.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft packages, e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to organise own workload.
- Accurate keyboard skills for use in producing a range of documents.
- Knows how to maintain accurate records.
- Demonstrates an understanding of confidentiality and data protection requirements in the workplace.
- Works on own initiative.
- Research and problem-solving skills to deal with queries and issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to provide accurate advice and guidance.
- Professional and polite when dealing with colleagues and customers.
- Provides accurate, timely advice, resolving queries and solving problems.
- Works effectively as a member of a team, demonstrating a flexible approach.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude, commitment and enthusiasm.
- Willingness to develop a deep understanding of the procedures and regulations relating to school and academy governance.
- Willingness to engage with professional development opportunities.
Governance Professional – Schools’ Choice (part of Vertas Group Limited)
Salary Dependant upon Experience
Nationwide – Home working
- Zero hours contract working from home.
- Salary dependent on skills and experience.
- Virtual GP Appointments.
- Second Medical Opinion.
- Help to stop smoking.
- Mental Health Counselling.
- How to prevent burnout at work.
- Life Events Counselling.
- Healthy Living Support including personal exercise and diet plan.
- Financial Guidance on budgeting and financial education.
- Legal guidance to simplify and signpost on legal issues or concerns.
In addition we also offer the following to all colleagues:
- LifeWorks Discount Scheme.
- Personal Development Opportunities.
- Mental Health First Aiders.
- Annual Colleague Awards.
- Pension scheme.
Apply for this position
Vertas is one of the fastest growing multi-services facilities management companies in the UK. Our passion is driven by putting our colleagues and customers at the heart of everything we do.