- Posted: 13/01/2021
- Closing Date: 13/02/2021
- Salary: Up to £60,000 per annum + £5,000 Car Allowance
General Manager – Vertas Derbyshire Limited & Concertus Derbyshire Limited
37.5 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Salary: Up to £60,000 per annum + £5,000 Car Allowance
Vertas is the fastest growing multi-services facilities management company in the UK. Our passion is putting our employees and customers at the heart of everything we do.
The General Manager has overall responsibility for delivering a high level of service and standards across the operations of the Joint Ventures (Vertas Derbyshire Limited and Concertus Derbyshire Limited). The job holder will effectively and professionally manage the stakeholder relationship with Derbyshire County Council.
The job holder will support the Operations Director – CDL (East Midlands) and Associate Director – VDL with Client Account Management responsibilities for Derbyshire County Council in high level relationship management to support the Board requirements including support as a escalation for performance issues.
Main Activities and Responsibilites:
- Proactively leading and supporting on the transitional plans for both JV’s to achieve efficient ways of working which deliver high standards.
- Analyse the JV’s financial Profit and Loss accounts to ensure that the agreed financial targets are achieved and for both JV’s provide comprehensive financial forecasting to the Board.
- Working with clients to ensure service delivery as per contractual agreements.
- Agree renewal or amending contractual agreements, and planning future contractual changes.
- Involved in understanding the KPIs and the reporting of the KPI’s including any Service Improvement Plans and will be responsible for reporting these to Board.
- Attend monthly Client Account Management (CAM) meetings with the contractual client manager in Derbyshire County Council, also attend and contribute to regular quarterly meetings with key commissioning clients and stakeholders in Derbyshire County Council. Responsible for delivery of the JVs business plan both with current contracts, service density and new business opportunities.
- Will help drive and source new business growth for the Joint Ventures (including providing connectivity between the ventures) and follow tender and new business sign off process Directly line manage the Lead Operator for Vertas Derbyshire Limited JV’s.
- Provision of information to the Joint Ventures Board of Directors.
- For Vertas Derbyshire JV’s lead a small management team, ensuring compliance with on-going training needs and appraisals.
- Accountable for adherence to company policies and processes across all locations and ensuring that all colleagues operate in a safe manner and healthy working environment.
- Responsible for future TUPE transfer of colleagues from new business and working with the Groups HR team to ensure process is followed and business risk mitigated.
The General Manager will have:
- Operated at Senior Manager level ideally within a Total Facilities Management sector or within Cleaning and Property Management industries.
- Confidence with stakeholder and customer management.
- Managed both local authority and private sector operations.
- Experience of working within a unionised environment would be advantageous.
- Delivered transition and change in an organisation.
- Salary: Up to £60,000 per annum
- £5,000 Car Allowance
- 25 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
- Royal London Salary Sacrifice Pension Scheme
- MediCash Health Plan
- Money towards Dental, Optical and other therapies
- Company Loyalty Discount Scheme with LifeWorks Perks
Apply for this position
Vertas is one of the fastest growing multi-services facilities management companies in the UK. Our passion is driven by putting our colleagues and customers at the heart of everything we do.