- Posted: 30/12/2021
- Salary: £9.20 per hour
Main responsibilities for the role:
- To deliver a porterage service to building occupants and respond to ad hoc requests.
- To assist in all day to day calls and job requests passed to us and respond promptly when contacted and ensure the job is signed off in accordance with the FM process.
- To support daily FM activities under the control of the custodial service.
- To carry out building health and safety inductions for building users.
- To monitor all site contractors.
- To order and maintain photocopying equipment supplies.
- To complete all records and documents to comply with ISO 90001/(phone number removed)
- To use the PA system for announcements.
- General admin duties
- To carry out the opening and locking up of all contracted buildings at the start and end of a day.
- To check all buildings for any signs of damage and report any problems as appropriate.
- To respond appropriately to any alarm problems.
- This role requires you to be a key holder which will need to be organised.
- Regular patrols and inspections to be carried out of the building.
- Ensure that alarms and panic alarms are in good working order.
- Carry out fire / bomb evacuation procedures as they arise.
- Manage minor incidents as and when they arise.
- Challenge individuals as and when the needs arise.
In addition to these functions the role holder is required to undertake such other duties as may be reasonably required by the management team.
The Custodian will have:
- A valid front-line security guarding, door supervision or close protection SIA license
- Full driving licence
- First Aid certificate
- Clear and excellent communication both written and verbal
- Reliable with excellent time-management skills
- A commitment to providing first class customer service
- Security systems knowledge and conflict management aware
Endeavour House, Ipswich, Suffolk
15 hours per week, 52 weeks a year
Monday – Friday (Shifts change weekly)
05:45am – 08:45am / 15:30pm – 18:30pm / 17:00pm – 20.00pm
- £9.20 per hour.
- Company pension scheme.
Apply for this position
Vertas is one of the fastest growing multi-services facilities management companies in the UK. Our passion is driven by putting our colleagues and customers at the heart of everything we do.