- Posted: 13/02/2020
- Closing Date: 28/02/2020
- Salary: £50,000
We are recruiting for a talented and charismatic Business Development Manager for a well-respected and expanding facilities company based in Ipswich, Suffolk, to take responsibility for the Midlands and Southern Region.
You can be located anywhere in the country with the understanding that a couple of trips a month will be necessary in order to meet with the senior management team for updates and strategy discussions.
The role of Business Development Manager holds huge potential for those people who love winning and developing business, with no two days ever being the same. As part of the Sales team, you’ll be working closely with the Head of Operations to support the company’s strategy for delivering profitable new contracts right from the initial meeting, through the competitive tendering process to the ongoing account management to keep your clients happy. A detailed job description is available with a snap shot of accountabilities as below:
- Cultivating new clients and strategic partners using marketing and networking when needed
- Account management of Key Clients
- Supporting the company’s commercial strategy
- Monitoring all customer relationships
- Innovations, research and development for inclusion in tender responses
- Managing formal tenders and proposals
- Pricing and contractual review of all bids
- Marketing and external communications
- Successful handover of won business to Operations
- Delivery of set targets
Skills & Experience:
- Experience working in a challenging, highly competitive ‘service’ environment (Facilities Management sectors would be ideal)
- Practised operating within bid management (under OJEU / Public Procurement Rules would be highly advantageous)
- Proven ability to win new business and drive profitability
- Attention to detail with high concentration levels and exceptionally organised
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Ability to work to ‘set in stone’ time frames
- Excellent IT skills with Microsoft Office
As the new Business Development Manager, you’ll be given the autonomy to service your business without micro management, allowing you to generate profitable clients and reap the generous commissions available. All this with the support and guidance of a well-managed, experienced support network
The company is going through exciting and challenging times, so the ability to effectively work as part of the local and group team, whilst maintaining a strong customer focus is vital.
This organisation is highly supportive of its workforce and has a first-class reputation within their specialised industry.
- Colleague loyalty discount scheme with LifeWorks Perks.
- 25 days Annual Leave plus bank holidays.
- Salary: This is negotiable depending on qualifications and experience.
- £5000 car allowance
Apply for this position
Vertas is one of the fastest growing multi-services facilities management companies in the UK. Our passion is driven by putting our colleagues and customers at the heart of everything we do.