- Posted: 28/01/2022
- Salary: £31,000 per annum
Vertas is the fastest growing multi-services facilities management company in the eastern region. Our passion is putting our staff and customers at the heart of everything we do.
We are looking to enhance the Technical & Project Services team with the right person who has experience in managing building fabric projects but also has working knowledge of Mechanical and Electrical elements in buildings such as oil/gas boiler/ASHP installations and Electrical Distribution on projects up to £(phone number removed)
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Building Fabric Project Manager to join our Technical & Project Services section within the Property Management team.
The Project Manager role will be responsible for coordinating and managing programmes of projects covering Building Fabric and Mechanical and Electrical works and connecting them to our regional Property Management team within Vertas. This position will focus on delivering programmes of projects ensuring delivery control and communications of quality premises related work.
The Building Fabric Project Manager will work closely with the Technical & Project Services Team, Project Team Manager, Project Programme Manager and the Technical & Project Services Manager to ensure that planned and responsive building projects are delivered within agreed timescales to a high standard and provide effective financial management of circa £10m across multiple property projects.
The focus of this role will be on delivery co-ordination and customer, contractor and services relationship management. Robust project management will be expected to ensure key milestones are completed within required timescales, accurate, timely communication is disseminated and programme data and analysis is provided.
Projects are delivered across a portfolio of clients including Suffolk County Council, Maintained Schools, Academies and Commercial customers.
The Building Fabric Project Manager will also undertake an annual programme of Condition Reviews across a portfolio of properties, schools, offices, Fire Stations, Pre-Schools, Children’s Centre etc.
The role will be flexible working between office & home and your office location will be dependent on your home address; this will either be Lowestoft, Ipswich or Bury St Edmunds.
Main responsibilities for the Project Manager:
- Deliver the objectives of the Property Management Service and its planned maintenance programmes
- Deliver a programme of Direct Delivered projects working with Vertas’s M&E contractor, Building Fabric contractor and Vertas internal business partners.
- Work with Vertas’s Property Consultant partner to deliver larger technical projects for Vertas’s customers and clients
- Develop detailed Scopes of Work for contractors and business partners to price against
- Provide technical support and advice to colleagues and Vertas Clients.
- Informed of the changing landscape in respect to energy efficiency
- Undertake a programme of Audits on work completed across the financial year.
- Liaise with our HSQE Team to ensure that relevant Health and Safety information is provided for all projects prior to commencement.
- Pro-actively ensure quality standards are established, effectively audited and performance managed and provide relevant performance information as required.
- Effectively communicate with relevant parties to ensure that all projects are completed to time quality and cost constraints
- Interpret information, advice and guidance on operation and implementation of internal policies, and external regulations and statutory compliance
- Continually reviews business goals and targets adjusting own objectives to accommodate change and leading others to adapt
- Organise meetings with all contractors and Vertas partners to monitor performance and progress with each project.
- Reconcile and update monthly reports to be sent to the Project Programme Manager prior to monthly meetings
- Process, check and approve contractor and business partner invoices prior to them being sent to the Admin team to be paid
The Project Manager will have:
- Knowledge and / or relevant qualification to Degree Level, HND, HNC, Btec or equivalent experience in building fabric projects.
- A broad knowledge and or experience of Mechanical Services and Electrical installations will be an advantage
- Experience of Property Management and / or Project Management
- Effective technical skills, ability to work under pressure, problem solving skills, interpersonal skills, ability to challenge contractors, commercial awareness & teamworking.
- Strong IT skills, preferably advanced Excel training, Teams and data Base experience
- Excellent written and communication and presentation skills, along with a flexible working attitude
- Able to work with minimum supervision to deliver identified projects to agreed timescales and level of quality
- Strong Influencing, communication and negotiation skills. Experience of business planning and developing strategies
- Willingness to take on further learning and development as the role develops.
Building Fabric Project Manager, Vertas Group
37.5 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Head Office, Ipswich
• £31,000.00 per annum.
• 25 day’s holiday Allowance plus bank holidays.
• Nest Pension Scheme.
Online wellbeing support for all colleagues and their household including;
• Virtual GP Appointments.
• Second Medical Opinion.
• Help to stop smoking.
• Mental Health Counselling.
• How to prevent burnout at work.
• Life Events Counselling.
• Healthy Living Support including personal exercise and diet plan.
• Financial Guidance on budgeting and financial education.
• Legal guidance to simplify and signpost on legal issues or concerns.
• Plus, much more!
Apply for this position
Vertas is one of the fastest growing multi-services facilities management companies in the UK. Our passion is driven by putting our colleagues and customers at the heart of everything we do.