- Posted: 07/02/2022
- Salary: £22,500 per year
We have an exciting new opportunity for a kitchen based Assistant Catering Manager to join the Churchill Catering team at The Stables Cafe.
Main Purpose of the Job:
- Support management to lead the team to provide excellent customer service.
- Ensure the efficient day to day running of the cafe.
- Deputise for the Manager in their absence.
- Assist with preparing rota’s.
- Ensure excellent food and hygiene standards are maintained.
- Assist with staff training.
- Manage stock control and ordering.
- Manage daily opening/closing procedures.
- Handle any escalated queries.
- Previous experience of working within a hospitality environment required.
- Understanding of food and hygiene standards.
- Previous experience of supervising others.
- Be able to prioritise customer service levels.
- Have the desire to progress.
- Bring your own ideas to the table.
Key Objectives and Skills:
Skills in both management and administration in order to lead a team, allocate resources and make intelligent decisions about the best strategies for running the business.
Knowledge of basic mathematics, accounting, in order to meet the café’s Budget.
Good management of time and organizational skills to handle a multitude of tasks efficiently and be able to prioritize.
Values and Behaviours:
- Great customer service and communication skills.
- Passion for sustainability.
- A Team player providing an excellent service across the Vertas Group.
- The ability to make the best decisions with Vertas in mind.
- Listening and responding to colleagues, customers and suppliers to achieve the best outcome.
- The ability to adapt and respond to change in a growing organisation.
Here at Vertas we’re fanatical about engaging our colleagues, improving their wellbeing and developing their careers. Therefore, please see below the benefits package we offer for this Role.
Assistant Catering Manager (kitchen based)
Churchill Catering – part of the Vertas Group Limited
The Stables Cafe, Chelmsford
37.5 hours per week 52 weeks a year
- Salary £22,500 per annum.
- Colleague loyalty discount scheme with LifeWorks Perks.
- Generous holiday allowance plus bank holidays.
- Royal London Salary Sacrifice Pension Scheme.
- Leadership Pathways programme.
- MediCash health plan, money towards your dental, optical and other therapy.
Apply for this position
Vertas is one of the fastest growing multi-services facilities management companies in the UK. Our passion is driven by putting our colleagues and customers at the heart of everything we do.